[Problem] Having a problem with connecting 5530 via WAN port to local telco sip server

petar

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Sorry for posting in English, I do not speak Deutsch. I can probably run the post through GT, but it will loose the meaning ;)

Lets start.

I have used 7390/7490 for a couple years in Serbia with local telecom over VDSL2 and VoIP line. It took some time to set it up, but once I manage to do it it worked as it supposed to for a long time.
Just basic usage nothing fancy what is FB capable of. Regular home gateway service with FonApp on an Android phone when necessary locally and abroad (EU).

Now I am in Bosnia (Please check the google maps if necessary) and 'cleverly' decided to switch to GPoN instead of good old DSL. I did know the beauty of OMCI implementations around the world before I signed 2 year contract. :(

I was thinking GPoN is about the same as DSL. well standardized and I was wrong! The idea was to purchase a 5590, put a freetz-ng to it. Customize if necessary and enjoy the service. It does not work that way. I ended up buying
a 5530 from local reseller. This is not a bad device, but I will replace it as soon as I have the chance with a xx90 device either fiber or DSL. I have tried to connect it directly to GPoN infrastructure, supplied GPoN Serial number
from Huawei and realized it cannot connect. Contacted ISP, local reseller, AVM and .. nothing ....

I am supplied with Huawei HG8245H5 device. Bridged HSI part to a LAN port of Huawei and connected to WAN port of 5530. Internet part work great, however it is not possible to terminate VoIP line on 5530 instead of Huawei, No
option for bridging VoIP part. I have telnet and busybox access to the Huawei device, but it does not help me much :(

I checked the Forums around and purchased a media converter that successfully connects to the infrastructure, got O5 and internet works fine. The ISP separated the traffic via two VLANs 1000/0 for HSI and 100/5 for VoIP.

I cannot establish a connection between VoIP part of 5530 and ISP. I have tried many things, whatever came to my mind. Tagged VLAN untagged, copied mac address of the interface used on Huawei to 5530. Tried with PVC
without PVC, DHCP, static... It must be I am missing something. Usually I got two errors in the system log of 5530. It is DNS error or timeout. Never seen any other message.

What is interesting, only if I put static address (pulled from Huawei) in the interface for VoIP, 5530 shows a message in the system log that it got ip address, however, I do not know how to check if this is true. According to messages of showdsl and other useful commands in the prompt, SIP server is not responding and/or reachable.

I have pulled, i hope correctly, all necessary info from the supplied modem. User/pass for both internet and voip. mac address of huawei voip part, ip addresses of sip server, domain for registration.

There is a few odd things that I see in the log of huawei:

023-04-26 18:13:44 [Debug][Debug-Log] static:[dhcpc]receive Ack, wan[wan2], xid[6af57110], mac[64:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx], request serverip[10.x.x.x], clientip[10.x.x.x], yourip[10.x.x.x], gateway ip[10.x.x.x]
2023-04-26 20:51:13 [Error][Debug-Log] static:[dhcpc]wan[wan2], renew timed out, to rebind state!

2023-05-01 07:06:17 [Critical][Debug-Log] static:[dhcpc]get wan[wan2] ifindex[30] and Mac Addr[64:xx:xx:xx:xx:x] success!

Unfortunately, I do not have much of experience with linux and its network interfaces, so I cannot pinpoint the problem on my own.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks for the patience. :)

I checked the Forums around and purchased a media converter that successfully connects to the infrastructure, got O5 and internet works fine.
How did you manage this? Which data from the Huawei did you transfer? Maybe you can use this to bring the AVM devices into operation. At least before Software 07.50 there was a possibility to enter an ONT-ID in the 5530/5590.

The ISP separated the traffic via two VLANs 1000/0 for HSI and 100/5 for VoIP.
You checked this in the packet traces if this information is correct? Sometimes there are wrong IDs floating around.

Tagged VLAN untagged, copied mac address of the interface used on Huawei to 5530. Tried with PVC, without PVC, DHCP, static.
Where did you enter the tagged or untagged VLAN ID? At lease in the 5530 you can just enter the IDs for Internet and VoIP. No chance to differentiate between tagged and untagged.

From my point of view, you have to provide the stream from the ISP as transparent as possible to the 5530. The best way would be to register the 5530 at the OLT, so it can be used without a media converter or similar. If you are using a media converter, make sure, no VLAN stuff is done by it. Just forward the traffic to the 5530 and enter the VLAN IDs there.

How did you manage this? Which data from the Huawei did you transfer? Maybe you can use this to bring the AVM devices into operation. At least before Software 07.50 there was a possibility to enter an ONT-ID in the 5530/5590.

I have copied SW version, HW version, GPoN serial, ponvendor_id, gpon_onu_model, set compatiblity flag for media converter to emulate ma5671a. This was enough. My OLT is a huawei device with the following reponse:

WAP>omcicmd mib show meid 131 instid 0

Me(OLT-G), instance(0x0), instance size is 54

Att1, AttSize = 0x4, AttContent: 48575443
Att2, AttSize = 0x14, AttContent: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Att3, AttSize = 0xe, AttContent: 31300000 00000000 00000000 0000
Att4, AttSize = 0xe, AttContent: 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000

success!
WAP>omcicmd mib show meid 7 instid 0

Me(Software Image), instance(0x0), instance size is 19

Att1, AttSize = 0xe, AttContent: 56355230 31394330 30533132 3500
Att2, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 01
Att3, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 01
Att4, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 01

success!
WAP>omcicmd mib show meid 7 instid 1

Me(Software Image), instance(0x1), instance size is 19

Att1, AttSize = 0xe, AttContent: 56355230 31394330 30533132 3500
Att2, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00
Att3, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00

success!
WAP>omcicmd mib show meid 256 instid 0

Me(ONT-G), instance(0x0), instance size is 73

Att1, AttSize = 0x4, AttContent: 48575443
Att2, AttSize = 0xe, AttContent: 31353044 2e410000 00000000 0000
Att3, AttSize = 0x8, AttContent: 2a2a2a2a 2a2a2a2a
Att4, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00
Att5, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00
Att6, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00
Att7, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00
Att8, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00
Att9, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00
Att10, AttSize = 0x18, AttContent: 2a2a2a2a 2a2a2a2a 2a2a2a2a 2a2a2a2a 2a2a2a2a 2a2a2a2a
Att11, AttSize = 0xc, AttContent: 2a2a2a2a 2a2a2a2a 2a2a2a2a
Att12, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00
Att13, AttSize = 0x2, AttContent: 0001

success!
WAP>omcicmd mib show meid 257 instid 0

Me(ONT2-G), instance(0x0), instance size is 44

Att1, AttSize = 0x14, AttContent: 48473832 34354835 00000000 00000000 00000000
Att2, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: b0
Att3, AttSize = 0x2, AttContent: 0150
Att5, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 01
Att6, AttSize = 0x2, AttContent: 0040
Att7, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 02
Att8, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 01
Att9, AttSize = 0x2, AttContent: 0020
Att10, AttSize = 0x4, AttContent: 00000000
Att11, AttSize = 0x2, AttContent: 007d
Att12, AttSize = 0x1, AttContent: 00
Att13, AttSize = 0x2, AttContent: 0018
Att14, AttSize = 0x2, AttContent: 0001

success!
WAP>

This is the output initialized on supplied huawei ont via its telnet port and through the supplied command interface.
I did not run the same info from media converter.

As far as i was able to research today, ISP is most likely using DHCP with options 43, 82, 60 and so on. I did not have the chance to read through the
documentation of DHCP options. Since there is a signature of device for sip part: VSPSIPV800R019C00SPC120B012. Also mac address is necessary to be
copied. Which mac address fritz uses for voip deamon, is it macb or usb_board?
It has been a long time since I used it over DSL and I know for sure I had to clone one of those two to make it to work. This was original reason for me to move to freetz, AVM decided to disable telnet function on fw after 6.25 or 6.50. If i could remember correctly.

I can safely assume, based on my experience with previous steps that the string mentiond above is used among others to identify approved client to the network.

It is sad to see how ISPs are trying to 'enhance' security and 'safety' with this measures. ..

You checked this in the packet traces if this information is correct? Sometimes there are wrong IDs floating around.

I have not checked anything in the packet tracer. I have not used the tool for about 10 years or so. I did it once for class and never used after. What would be great place to jump start? Please be specific if possible, I will supply unnecessary questions after ;)

Where did you enter the tagged or untagged VLAN ID? At lease in the 5530 you can just enter the IDs for Internet and VoIP. No chance to differentiate between tagged and untagged.

I entered vlan 1000 for hsi in fritz device account settings when using media converter, When I use bridge option of supplied ONT it bridges with removed tagging, so I must remove vlan 1000 and leave the vlan field blank for successful connection.

From my point of view, you have to provide the stream from the ISP as transparent as possible to the 5530. The best way would be to register the 5530 at the OLT, so it can be used without a media converter or similar. If you are using a media converter, make sure, no VLAN stuff is done by it. Just forward the traffic to the 5530 and enter the VLAN IDs there.

I know this, however I did not know how to do it. To the best of my knowledge, it could be done with the first version of 7.26 sw. Some people succeed with using the fb 5530 in Italy on VodaFone network even it is not supported there, also glassfasser community in DE relied on this feature
at the beginning, I am not sure how it is now. If you are interested please search via google, or PM for URL if necessary. I am assuming that the very same information I have entered in media converter to connect to OLT HW could be done by supplying it to urlader environment of FB either via ADAM (bootloader mode) or via freetz-ng image. I'm assuming the first version is more likely to succeed from the first shot.

I assume, that 5491 and 5590 with freetz-ng Image are capable of emulating anything necessary for success. The other option suggested to me could be to make a bridge between voip part of huawei and fxo port on the fb. I have not done this before, but it could be functional. I am not sure then why I have two devices which do not do very much other than be politically correct. They are using electricity and heating up the planet, not very ecological these days... ;)
In the meanwhile I have sold mine 7490 thinking I would succeed with 5530. The DSL years are coming to the end, at least here, I was wrong. The motive to
switch to Fiber was to get cheaper and faster service. For some reason at my location I got better UL speed for less money when I switch to fiber. The
very same speed (50/25 MBps) could be supplied over VDSL2 17a platform according to modem info/DSLAM/MSAN.

Did anyone used FB with FXO combination or could point me in the right direction, so I can research for my self either here on the forum or anywhere else?

Thanks! :)

I have copied SW version, HW version, GPoN serial, ponvendor_id, gpon_onu_model, set compatiblity flag for media converter to emulate ma5671a.
Ok, there are several values you can't emulate in AVM devices. No chance, even with freetz.

I entered vlan 1000 for hsi in fritz device account settings when using media converter,
Yes, and the 100/5 for telephony in the 2. PVC settings, right? I would expect, that should work.

When I use bridge option of supplied ONT it bridges with removed tagging, so I must remove vlan 1000 and leave the vlan field blank for successful connection.
And how do they provide the VLAN 100 for telephony, then? In this case, it has to be possible to register the VoIP Accounts via the Internet VLAN.

Ok, there are several values you can't emulate in AVM devices. No chance, even with freetz.

If you have full access to Lantiq chipset, there is no reason for that. I am sure that AVM have chosen right supplier and it does not sponsor this activity.
From technical perspective, if lantiq can do it on huawei, other can do it as well.

Yes, and the 100/5 for telephony in the 2. PVC settings, right? I would expect, that should work.

And how do they provide the VLAN 100 for telephony, then? In this case, it has to be possible to register the VoIP Accounts via the Internet VLAN.

It is possible but with this complicated process of exchanging the information with isp in order to get working ip address on voip network.
Looks like they try to separate business entities from home, so they do not loose they income. When you compare 5530 and 5590 devices
there is an almost similar approach. 5590 is a full fledged devices for those who need them and want to purchase, while 5530 is for ISP to offer
with their services. Design of 5530 is deliberately done this way and respectable abilities of use.

For now, work around is through FXO port. I will petition ISP to get media converter from them something like Glasfaser Modem 2 kaufen
in huawei version ;). AFAIK, Huawei infrastructure/OLT are used in DE, IT and many other places around the world and FB is working great with them.
I guess it is choice of ISP how to implement it.

We are here, lighting years away from today's solutions of DT. DT is not perfect, but as close as you can get.

It is possible but with this complicated process of exchanging the information with isp in order to get working ip address on voip network.
That is most likely DHCP, also on the second PVC. Please make a Packet trace and verify.

Currently for me its not clear, what happens in detail in a setting with VLAN 1000 for internet and VLAN 100 for Telephony using the media converter. Maybe you can provide some screenshots and logs from that. I'm optimistic, that you can get it to work.

How can I make a Packet trace?

please check a screenshot and a file from freetz shell if you need anything else, let me know.

such as some details regarding number parameters from FB

Anhänge

• freetz_System_log.jpg
    freetz_System_log.jpg
    77 KB · Aufrufe: 9
  • freetzlog.txt
    15.7 KB · Aufrufe: 5
How can I make a Packet trace?
In German, it's called "Paketmitschnitt".

Are you sure, the Telephony connection does not need a PPPOE Connection? Just copying the IP is definitely wrong. The device will never get a static IP from the provider. So if you are using a static IP, you are disturbing at least two connections: Your own and the one from the customer who got the IP in between.
Either PPPOE is used or DHCP.

I managed to run packet trace on support page, which part would be beneficial to share?

I have checked results through wireshark and could not locate any packet with vlan = 100 (voip).

I can also supply any part of Huawei log for cross examination to see if there is a mismatch.

I have checked results through wireshark and could not locate any packet with vlan = 100 (voip).
There should be packets in VLAN 100. Either DHCP Packets from the provider, or at least something from your Fritzbox, if you have configured it right. You remove the static IP hopefully?

So, There is the capture in the attachment. If you take a look, the requester is identified with AVM credentials which should be changed to Huawei. Also at another forum, i found that request is made on another vlan, and then you get the dhcp response on vlan 100.

I am assuming as well that Leox I am currently using does not correctly bridge both interfaces 1000 (works) and 100 (does not) to the same lan ethernet port.

Anhänge

• fritzbox-vcc17_07.05.23_2051.zip
    481 Bytes · Aufrufe: 2
So, There is the capture in the attachment.
The DHCP Request is not on VLAN 100. Your Fritzbox is configured wrong.

Also at another forum, i found that request is made on another vlan, and then you get the dhcp response on vlan 100.
No, I can't believe this. I'm sure, the request and response in the other forum did not belong to each other. That's more or less impossible from implementation point of view.

I am assuming as well that Leox I am currently using does not correctly bridge both interfaces 1000 (works) and 100 (does not) to the same lan ethernet port.
This means, it is not transparent and handles VLAN stuff itself. I mentioned earlier, that you have to ensure, the media converter works transparently. But I'm sure, this can be configured, since it is the usual operation for media converters to be transparent. But first you should solve your DHCP request issue, it is very likely, that you get a response on VLAN 100 when you send a request on VLAN 100.

Please check attached pictures, with this initial settings, voip part of fb is still requires dhcp over ppp? If you check my other pics, I am on IPoE for voip.

Is this a bug or a feature? Looks like, FB can only works through ppp protocol. On the other hand, looks like that my ISP is using some additional info
for voip registration, such as host name, class identifier and so on. The option for voip on huawei cannot be bridged, there is an option for that, but
it shows error message if chosen.

It seems that those two vlans are defined differently from provider side, 1000 as bridge and 100 as route, i thing they do about the same, with different flags.

any suggestions?

Anhänge

• hw-006.jpg
    hw-006.jpg
    188.8 KB · Aufrufe: 3
  • fritz_voip_part2.jpg
    fritz_voip_part2.jpg
    308.3 KB · Aufrufe: 3
  • fritz_login_page_internet.jpg
    fritz_login_page_internet.jpg
    259.7 KB · Aufrufe: 3
  • frit_voip_part1.jpg
    frit_voip_part1.jpg
    330.7 KB · Aufrufe: 3
  • hw-007.jpg
    hw-007.jpg
    131.6 KB · Aufrufe: 3
  • hw-005.jpg
    hw-005.jpg
    203 KB · Aufrufe: 3
  • hw-004.jpg
    hw-004.jpg
    67.6 KB · Aufrufe: 2
  • hw-003.jpg
    hw-003.jpg
    319.8 KB · Aufrufe: 2
  • hw-002.jpg
    hw-002.jpg
    157.6 KB · Aufrufe: 2
  • HW-001.jpg
    HW-001.jpg
    116.4 KB · Aufrufe: 3
While i was using vdsl for voip identification was enough to change usb_board_mac to expected from provided modem and restart dsld
everything worked great.

It seems the ISP introduced much tighter access control after implementing GPoN, hope for the better ;)

Anhänge

• fritz_voip_part3.jpg
    fritz_voip_part3.jpg
    279.6 KB · Aufrufe: 4
  • fritz_voip_part4.jpg
    fritz_voip_part4.jpg
    288 KB · Aufrufe: 4
  • fritz_voip_part6.jpg
    fritz_voip_part6.jpg
    274.5 KB · Aufrufe: 3
  • fritz_voip_part7.jpg
    fritz_voip_part7.jpg
    279.8 KB · Aufrufe: 4
I manage to get an ip address with 7590 at voip port, now i need to change user agent in order to register with server, any suggestions?

I think, that is not possible with a Fritzbox.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.